Wimborne's Mini & Youth Section caters for the U6 to U16 Age Groups.
All information related to the Mini & Youth Section will be available from the tabs on this page.
Specific Age Group Information, is available from the TEAMS Menu at the top of the page.
For General Enquiries, please email email@example.com
Thank you for visiting the Wimborne Rugby Club Mini and Youth section pages.
We hope you find what you are looking for but if not please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Chair Mini & Youth
07818 553 636 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wimborne Rugby Club has had a thriving Mini & Youth section since the 1970’s and the fact that several our early players are now involved as parents and coaches sums up our long-term approach. We endeavour to provide children a life-long love of rugby and all the benefits it can bring physically and socially with an ethos that “every child matters”.
Kids First Rugby
We are members of the RFU’s Quilter Kids First programme (Visit Quilter Kids First) and as part of this we commit to:
- put children at the heart of everything we do and all the decisions we make
- encourage fun on the pitch through equal opportunity and realistic expectations of our children
- build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy, respectful and enjoyable environment for children
- develop children’s confidence as players and as people, challenging any behaviour which conflicts with this
- champion rugby’s Core Values of Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship, inspiring a lifelong bond between children, adults and our sport.
The Club has adopted the RFU emphasis on putting Player Development ahead of match results with a clear emphasis on skills and enjoyment throughout our Mini and Youth Age groups.