Following an extensive review of senior rugby, the Committee of Wimborne RFC wish to recruit an aspirational coaching team comprising:
Head Coach / Player Coach / Assistants, for season 2020/21, to assist the club in achieving their objective of developing the players and the senior teams across the club.
It is an exciting time for the club with the prospect of new playing facilities over the next few years.
To apply for this position please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A document outlining why you think you would be suitable for the role and a full Rugby CV documenting any rugby experiences you feel relevant.
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd May 2020
Job Description (Head Coach)
Roles and Responsibilities
• To lead the coaching team responsible for the senior squad
• Plan the coaching programme for the season.
• Plan, prepare and deliver individual coaching sessions for the Clubs senior squad.
• Ensure that all sessions are designed to develop the skills and understanding of the players in your squad.
• Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players.
• Attend all coaching sessions, matches involved with the Clubs senior squad.
• Mentor and advise assistant coaches and players where appropriate.
• Provide feedback to coaches, players and appropriate Wimborne RFC committees
Skills and Qualities
• UKCC Level 2 minimum, UKCC Level 3 preferable (or working towards)
• Commitment and Enthusiasm - This position will require a time commitment involving evenings and weekends
• Rugby Knowledge - It is expected that the Coach will have the required level of knowledge to enable the players to achieve their potential
• Planning - The Head Coach is directly responsible for planning the coaching programme for the season and will be asked to prepare individual sessions.
• Leadership - The Head Coach sets an example and standards for the coaching team and squad. As such he/she will need to be able to inspire the coaching team and players to ensure that all involved maximize their potential. He/she may need to make difficult decisions about selection of players, standards of coaching etc.
• Delegation - The Head Coach needs to be able to delegate agreed responsibilities to the assistant coaches to ensure that they feel valued and their expertise is used effectively.
• Team Work - The Head Coach needs to be able to work effectively with the players, coaches, manager and the main club
• Punctuality - The Head Coach sets the standards for the coaches, manager and squad.
Given the current situation around Covid 19 any interviews will be held via video conference facilities with Club Officials